Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And the two become one...

On June 26th, 2010 I went to the 30th wedding of my life thus far (give or take a few). It was a gorgeous outdoor wedding in Grass Valley, California. Besides the sweltering heat and bugs that assaulted us right at the start of the ceremony, everything was pretty darn amazing. We did have our "behind the scenes" drama and complications as all weddings do, but as I look back at the day all I can remember is Kim and Nic and their beautiful, smiling faces. It truly is awesome when you see God bring two of the most random people together and you know that they were utterly made for each other. I have no doubt in my mind that Kim and Nic will spend the rest of their lives in marital bliss. Whether it be attending Star Wars in Concert or munching on fruit snacks as they watch American Idol, they are one pair that was fit to be tied.


I wrote a short poem for my Matron of Honor speech and decided to turn it into a post-wedding gift for the bride. All I have to do now is find a frame that will fit the poem and the picture below. Also a little fyi - "Sunstone" is my sorority pledge name and for the past 8 years of our lives I have generally called Kim - Ruby and she has called me Sunstone or Sunny. I am pretty sure this will continue until we are in our 90's. Just think Ruby and Sunny make awesome old lady names.
(Great DIY project for anyone looking to give a really awesome and sentimental gift. I wish I had copies of the speeches from my Maid/Matron of Honor and Hector's Best Man. It would be fun to look back and read them)



The Bride and I - June 26th, 2010



Jade, Ruby and I
(p.s. I'm not fat - just pregnant)



Someone pointed out to me that it looks like we are on the teacups at Disneyland. So true.



An ode to random photos where you have no clue what was going through their minds when you said "Cheese"




Happy Wedding Season to all you out there who are engaged!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...