Friday, October 8, 2010

Why do we always ask WHY?

I feel like recently I have been plagued with asking the question "Why?". Why this? Why that? etc. And what I have realized is that for the most part we want answers to the why's in order to give us an explanation or peace as to why something is happening. But what I have also realized is that we rarely ever get an answer to the hard why's.

Example: Medical Why's - Why does my husband have a random heart condition that generally affects white males in their 60's? The Dr.'s response - Bad luck.


And so I feel like there have been all these why's around that I want answers to, but I can't have them. Then I realize the answers start to plague/control my life and that I need to let go. Why some people are given certain trials in life and others are spared isn't for us to know. Why some people die young and others die old or why some people seem to have overly blessed lives and others can never catch a break from the bad things.

Things happen. It's life. How we respond and deal with these situations shows a lot about who we are and what be believe in. My life has been relatively easy. I count this as a major blessing, but I fear that I might be soft around the edges or naive as to how things in life can change within a blink of an eye. When/If they ever do I hope and pray that I rely on God instead of blame Him. He owes us nothing and has given us everything.

I am abundantly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I like the second to last sentence. :) When you hit rock bottom, we often find we are standing on SOLID GROUND.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...