Wednesday, November 17, 2010

300...

So apparently one of the many side effects of pregnancy is crazy dreams. And I have to admit I have woken up several times with the most random people in my dreams. People I haven't spoken to since Jr. High and other people whom I have never met and I always asked myself how they got in my head. Well a few nights ago was no exception. I think since I was near my due date and I had that fear factor of birthing and everything I began having dreams to boost my confidence. Well this is the craziness that I dreamed....

If you have never watched the movie 300 then you probably won't get this, but I encourage you to watch this trailer of the movie (fyi the movie is rated R and is definitely racy, but its great if you can get past that). The trailer will give you an idea of the music that was playing inside my head during my dream and one of the exact scenes I dreamed of was in that trailer. It wasn't an overly long dream, but basically there is one scene where King Leonidas's wife is responding to a messenger that was sent on behalf of King Xerxes. The messenger wanted to know why Greek woman had influence/control over Greek men. (At this point in the movie King Leonidas was asking his wife what he should/shouldn't do in response to the message sent from Xerxes). And Leonidas's wife responded to the messenger with a simple "Only Spartan women give birth to Spartan men". In essence saying that Greek men wouldn't exist without Greek woman to birth them so they see each other as equals where in most other cultures women were held below men and were not used for counsel in any matter.

So basically in my head I was chanting "Spartan Woman give birth to Spartan Men" over and over again in my dream. And then following that I dreamed about the scene (its in the trailer) where King Leonidas looks at his wife (during the conversation with the messenger) and she gives him a nod. He then proceeds to kick the messenger in slow motion to this really awesome rock song and he goes flying in the air and falls into this tunnel to his death. This was King Leonidas telling King Xerxes you can go fly a kite because they won't submit to slavery. (**killing a messenger was like an abomination since he was just delivering the 'message' so that was a big no no).

Anyhow, after that I woke up and I had the theme music in my head and I couldn't stop replaying the words "Spartan Woman give birth to Spartan Men" over and over. I found it hilarious. I told Hector about my dream and his response... "Do you think your having a boy?" I about died. I said no our daughter is going to be a GIRL, however I apparently think role playing as a Greek Queen during Labor and chanting the words "Spartan Woman give birth to Spartan Men" will make labor easier for me. (maybe I will even dye my hair black and wear a Grecian robe and have a banner above my hospital bed that says "Prepare for Glory" - see picture above)

At the very least this will give me something amusing to think about when our daughter does decide to get this Labor going. And who knows maybe saying those words will help me. Although I am pretty sure I am a "White Woman giving birth to a Half White/Half Latin baby girl", but for some reason that doesn't have the same powerful ring to it.

Oh well :)

**p.s. the real quote is actually "Only spartan women give birth to real men", but in my head I said Spartan Men so I went with what I actually dreamed. And just so I don't get a bunch of comments from people correcting me... Yes, I am aware that isn't the real quote, but just go with it k.

2 comments:

  1. This is the best! If I were in CA I would totally come to the hospital with a banner with that theme!

    Heather... if you read this, you should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I am imagining you walking around the birth center with your black hair and grecian robe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...