Monday, August 29, 2011

He is Jealous for Me

Music is an interesting thing.
It has the power to evoke an innumerable range of emotions.

I am not a huge follower of music by any means. I know what I like and what I don't like, but I don't know artist names or band names or song titles.

However certain songs just do it for me. This is one of them. I could be having the worst. day. ever. and this song will still bring me to my knees and make me feel an overwhelming sense of joy and love. It spreads through me binding itself to my bones and tears through my flesh like the most excruciatingly pleasant feeling known to man. It's a feeling of love and passion that is stronger and more powerful than an ounce of the headiest perfume.

The song and its lyrics are 15 shades of pure awesome. David Crowder you truly are saturated with life-changing talent. In fact your lyrics just might be worthy of a tattoo.

So my friends, if you find yourself sitting inside the confines of a dark closet, dwelling on the shortcomings of your life and wishing there was something more to live for - I can tell you with the utmost certainty that peace in your life will not come with more money, a better job, fancy cars, a nice house, or a European vacation. It comes from one thing and one thing only. Knowing that your Creator loves you.

I have a theory that most people in life are trying to find Happiness when what they really want is Joy. A lot of people think that those words can be used interchangeably, but I beg to differ. Happiness is something you find in a new pair of shoes or finding your husband washing the dishes before he goes to work because he knew you had a rough night and wanted your day to have one less item on your to-do list (that last one comes from personal experience-thank you husband!) Joy on the other hand is a state of mind and its counterpart is peace. You can have one without the other, but things seem more balanced when they are both present.

In my life I want joy. It's great to have happiness along the way, but I wanted to be blanketed with joy and immersed in peace. And this my friends comes from the One that the world wants to dismiss.


He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all


Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

3 comments:

  1. I love that song! That.is for excepting my friend request on goodreads. Noticed we liked alot of the same books, looks like songs too. :)
    Yvette Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it! I could listen to it over and over ALL day long. I look forward to reading/discussing books with you!!! :)

      Delete
  2. The writer of the song is John Mark McMillan. David Crowder just did a cover of it a few years later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...