Wednesday, February 3, 2010

4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Goodness

So last night I was reminded about how awesome my Mom's Peanut Butter cookies are and after having a toasted peanut butter and jelly (minus the jelly) sandwich for lunch I was in the PB mood and decided to make them. Being that the recipe is as simple as can be expected for cookies I doubt she is the one that created it and I am sure many, many people out there have made such peanut butter goodness before, but I could be wrong so I feel that I must share such goodness with the world.

Here are the 4 most simple ingredients that I daresay must grace the shelves of every kitchen in America:

1 cup of Peanut Butter (I prefer crunchy, but to each their own)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 egg


Directions: Preheat your oven to 350 deg. Mix all of the above yumminess (is that a word?) in a bowl until it looks somewhat like this


Then roll them into balls and place on a cookie sheet ( I line mine with foil because I abhor cleaning cookie sheets, the edges start to rust when left wet and it just gets ugly). So once they are in balls they should look like this


Then press a fork down on each ball in a criss cross pattern. (note: if you like super gooey peanut butter cookies just leave them in the ball shape)


After your done pressing I sprinkle the tops with a little bit of sugar. You can also add chocolate chips or white chocolate chips or whatever you think goes well with Peanut Butter (honestly is everything an overstatement?)

Then throw them into your oven and bake for 10 minutes. If you chose to not flatten them with a fork then you should bake them for more like 15+minutes. It just depends on how gooey you want the center's to be. Once you hear the timer ding! let them sit for about 2-3 minutes then enjoy :)


I put a few chocolate chips in some of them just for a little extra yumminess.

** Warning - please make sure you have ample milk in the refrigerator before attempting the 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Goodness, otherwise you will find yourself in the most painful situation resembling a "Got Milk" commercial. Bake at your own risk.

2 comments:

  1. Okay...I LOVE Peanut butter cookies! I am trying these this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me on this sister, you will LOVE these. I used Skippy Crunchy PB and imitation vanilla extract and they still came out delicioso.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...